how to convice 4 year girl to use clothes i think are appropiate?

She always want to go on contrary of my dresses desisions like when is best for her for the ocation or place

GlitteribonMom

Asked by GlitteribonMom at 6:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Are any of her dresses inappropriate? If not then I say let her express herself. If they are I would speak to whom ever bought those and tell them they are allowed in your home, and I would even let her see them.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• compromise with her...she starting to get opinions of her own, and you have to encourage her with that...what i did with my daughter is let her either pick out the shirt or the pants..(normally she would pick the shirt) and then I would pick the other one..that way she felt as if she was choosing her outfit..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have two answers for you.....

#1 I dont CONVINCE my children to do anything. I am the parent, what I say is what they do. period. They can lay on the floor and cry for hours...whatever...do what I say.

#2 I dont have any cloths in their closet that I feel are inappropriate. Unless you are speaking of wanting to wear a swimsuit to their Christmas party...I get that...but otherwise....all of their cloths are ok.
    Anonymous

• When it's something like a special occasion, you pick out a few things you feel are appropriate and then let her choose from them. Beyond that, everything in her wardrobe your buying, so you should like everything in it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you buy the clothes so she shud just wear them..
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 6:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If she is 4, why are you "trying to convince her?" You are the mom, be the mom if you don't like the clothes then don't buy them for her to wear. That simple. You chose and buy the clothes you want her to wear. That simple. Now, if you miss typed and she is 14 then you are still the mom and if you find something inappropriate then don't let her wear it by buying it for her or giving her money to buy it herself.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you dont convince her.. YOUR THE PARENT.. SHES 4. really.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't think a 4-year-old has any inappropriate clothes.. Let her creat her own style!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 6:52 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I agree with alot of the moms. Don't argue with your daughter.You are her mom and you tell her what to do.. You may offer a choice of this or that dress but other than that..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't convince my 4 year old to do anything. At that age they will do what I ask. But I just wouldn't have anything inappropriate for them to choose from to begin with.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011