I have to go and get weighed and measured

I just joined a gym, it doesn't open until next week tho, but I have to go and get weighed and measured. I AM SO SCARED! It's a co-ed gym, but there is a womans only part too, which is where I plan on going. But the person that is going to be doing my "health evaluation" is MALE!! I don't feel comfortable with that at all, and yet I'm to shy to say otherwise. I am WAAAAAY overweight. (probably close to 400lbs) and it's going to be soo embarrasing. What can I do to help me feel more comfortable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Simply ask for a female...although, honestly, I'd feel more comfortable with a male doing the assessment. Females can be pretty rude and catty....

Honestly, if you're way overweight, no matter who does the assessment, the person is going to know it before your weigh in or measurements....first rule of getting fit is to acknowledge who you are, what shape you're in, and why you're in that shape...then move on with fixing it...don't let what anyone else thinks muscle its way into your head...stay focused on your end goal and don't give the "health evaluater" a second thought...unless it's how much you're going to BLOW THEM AWAY when you have your next weigh in/measurement =)

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:16 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• What can I do to help me feel more comfortable?

Ask for a female to do the assesment... it is NOT an unreasonalbe request!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I know what helped me feel better about going to the gym was getting some workout clothes that fit and looked nice.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I am sure the man will be professional and make you feel at ease. Ask for a woman tho if you would feel more comfortable.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you're paying for it - ask for a woman if you're uncomfortable!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you are not comfortable with a man doing the evaluation, SPEAK UP! All you have to do is say "I would rather have a woman" to whomever is in charge and I am sure they will take care of it for you.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Ask for a female to do the assessment. If you feel uncomfortable that it's a male and you didn't at least request a female, it's your own dumb fault and maybe that embarrassment will help you speak up next time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• ask for a female if you prefer, wear clothing that you are comfy in... and honestly, know that they see EVERYTHING, from skinny to not so skinny... you are not going to be the only "unperfect" one there.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I would say something.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Look, they don't care. Don't be embarressed. This is what this guy does for a living. I'm sure he'll be professional. You're doing a good thing by starting at the gym and taking care of yourself. Don't let this stress you out.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 7:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2011