Kids adjusting to new environments

I moved into my parents house yesterday. However, my parents aren't living here. They have been living with my grandparents caring for them for 2 months. So my 15 month old hasn't napped or slept here in that long. Last night he didn't go to sleep easily and in the middle of the night I put him in bed with me and my other son. Tonight he did lay down without a problem....thus far, it's been 15 minutes LOL But he is in a crib, but not his own. I hope he adjusts quickly and we don't end up having a family bed of the 3 of us. Then agian, maybe that will work out if the only place I find for us to live is a 2br apt, then they 2 boys will be accustomed to sleeping in a room AND a bed together.

Guess I'm asking, is the adjustment hard and long? Knowing in another couple months we'll be in a new home again makes me feel bad for the little guy.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 7:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Be consistent where you want him to sleep and he should adjust. The more confident you are in what you are doing the easier it will be for him. He will adjust again in the new home. Babies are very resilient and he'll be fine even though it will take a little time in each location. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would try making him feel really comfortable and making sure he sleeps where you want him too ....i cant say much i have a 15 month old and he sleeps in my bed that im trying to get him to sleep in his own
    sunshine2723

Answer by sunshine2723 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• make a list , evaluate the past and prepare for future
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2011