Are you a DIYer?

Do you enjoy projects? What kind of stuff do you like to do? What sites as a diy-er do you visit? I need some ideas and things to do.. I have to much time on my hands...

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yep. I helped my DH paint our house (interior) before we moved in. I also made all the valances, and made matching cushions for the loft window seats. I made a table skirt for my DH's bedroom table/desk. I also installed the faux wood blinds in my bedroom (got 'em on super sale at Lowe's), and put in one of the 3 ceiling fans myself... (DH helped with the other 2). Not hard, just watch enough DIY on TV and you see most stuff is matter of following directions. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Watch HGTV.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i have been making hairbows! i found videos on youtube and taught myself how to do it! its very fun
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I like to make shadow boxes but I could never use a hammer/nail to hang it on my wall. I am creative and a little crafty but not even REMOTELY handy.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I do decorative accents--painted stencils, decoupage, vinyl lettering quotes, refinishing antique furniture, faux painting textures, re-upholstering furniture and making furniture slip covers, and keepsakes--like shadowboxes and scrapbooks.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I like to do stuff around the house and make little stuff for ours boys
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Lol I am doing that right now..tootoobusy. :)
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011