Who walked you down the aisle? (For those whose father didn't)

Since I don't know my father, and even if I did end up meeting him and having a relationship with him, I don't want him to walk me down. I want my baby brother to (= We're 10 years apart, and the only constant man in my life.

Who walked you down the aisle, and why did you choose them?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My mom. She gave birth to me, she raised me, she taught me everything I knew.

If I was somehow capable of being "given away" to someone else, as far as I was concerned, she was the only one with the RIGHT to!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I walked alone. We are both only children and have such small families. Eloping made more sense or we'd have been paying for a big place that would've had like 3 people in it, lol. My Mom and MIL both will not fly and we didn't want to marry locally.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My parents walked me down the aisle.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• We eloped so no one :) but thats really sweet about your brother... :)
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My son
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My best friend Raffi. He's been my best friend since Kindergarten.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Awe, that's a nice idea. My dad still refuses to meet me and I'm an only child so I didn't really have anyone to walk me down the aisle. The only father I've ever known is God, He gave me the gift of dance, and I feel closest to Him when I dance so I danced down the aisle to honor Him and feel His presence with me. I tried to honor both of our parents by having them lead the wedding party down the isle as well. My mom with a friend to escort her, my grandmother with my husbands brother, my husbands mom with a friend to escort her, and my husbands father and step-mother. It was actually the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to. I still get complements on it and one of my cousins who got married after me tried to copy it. He! He! He! I'm sure you will have a beautiful wedding. Have fun! :-)
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My dad had passed several years before I got married and I have 6 uncles. i chose my Uncle Joe... he has been there for so much in my life... he cried when I asked him and when he gave me away! for the traditional daughter daddy dance since my dad ws not there and each of my six uncles are important in my life I danced and the Dj called each of my uncles and i danced a few min with each of them! Before the dance the dj did a beautiful job explaining how each of my uncles are so important to me andwhy i chose to do this!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I think that its your day & you should have whomever you want -and -who better than your own brother. These other women had their special day the way they wanted to & you deserve your special day. I'm sorry it couldnt be your dad, but that wont take away from the moment. (I was fortunate enough to have my dad & my G-PA on either side of me. I loved them both so much I couldnt pick, so I picked both!) Hope your wedding day is all that you dreamed it would be!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My Pap walked with me, My dad was never in my life either, always my pap.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011