What kind of an accent do you have?

I'm from WI but I have the Chicago accent. I guess its from growing up amongst my Polish and German brethren.
I draw out my H's and substitute D's for T's
Like Chi-cahh-go and 'da" for the

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I never thought I had an accent but, I am from Wisconsin and everyone outside of WI says I have an accent and they know I am from Wisconsin before I tell them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Im from OH, and I never really thought about having an accent until we were in Canada a few years back & someone guessed I was from either OH or MI based on my accent.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have a NW Pennsylvania accent, but customary to my particular area I grew up in. Such as, we say MOM as mum, never knew that until I went off to college and had it pointed out to me that we pronounce it like that. Makes sense, being German and English. But we use a lot of "slang" that is from here. Like "you guys", where as Pittsburgh people 2 hrs south say "yinz".
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I grew up in Upper Michigan being told I have a Canadian accent many many times. I used to work at a call center and customers would ask 'Where in Canada are you from'?
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

This exact scenario happened to me, I'm from northwest ohio and had no idea I had an accent until someone from canada asked "so where in ohio are you from"
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Southern but haven't live in the South for 45 years. I don't hear it until I hear myself and then I just laugh.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I live in Connecticut and I don't know what kind of accent I have. I grew up in the south & all it takes is a conversation w/ one of my aunts to bring back my NC accent :)

Of course all my southern relatives tell me I talk like a Yankee.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm from England and now live in Canada so my accent is a soft mix of the two.  I''ve been asked if I was American, Australian, Irish and South African depending on the nationality of the asker lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Born, raised and live in Washington State, so I have the standard American English dialect.
    LizardAgent

Answer by LizardAgent at 8:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• bumkin
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011