Phoebie has a fever of 101.5 and runny nose, I was reading that is a sign she is teething . Has any one else experienced these or should i be worried it is something worse ?

pandpmommy

Asked by pandpmommy at 8:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pry teething. No worries, mama. A fever isn't really anything to worry about until like 103 maybe 102. But give her some tylenol for the pain, especially at bed time. Some great stuff I had to use with my first baby was Gripe Water, he got upset stomach from all that snot and drool and that helped......or so I tell myself LOL
    Good luck
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• What is her temp normally?  Oh, and all 3 of my kids ran a little fever when they were teething.  I'm not that smart, I don't know why it happens, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It is a sign of teething...although certain doctors have debated this for Years!
    But keep an eye on the temp anything higher than what you are at now I would call a doc.
    In fact if she normally runs Below the "standard" accepted human temp of 98.6 (98.2) you may want
    to call sooner. I run below the "normal" temp and so does my son so a fever for us is around 99.0.
    You don't want to run the risk of brain damage or mistaking the fever to just be the sign of teething when it's something else.
    Good Luck Mom!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Could be teething or a virus. Just give her Motrin.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Don't give motrin if she's under 6 mos. It could be a symptom of teething, or it could be a little bug. Keep an eye on her temp, and on her in general.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• keep an eye on it! u can try a luke warm bath in the morning or wet a wash cloth and pat her forehead down every so often! 101 is still pretty low so its prolly teething!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011