If someone kept driving a snow (looks like a motorcycle/jetski thing) around your block every night?

It s annoying me ... it doesnt hurt anyone... it is just loud and he does it like 20 times before he stops - i think it is the people who just moved in a street down. he is not circling His block - ours is the next one over... usually around 10:30 -11 when i am trying to sleep.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 8:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Aghh! There is on on our block but he drives it around early in the morning (no idea why).

They're illegal in our city & I have considered calling the police, but this seems petty.

In any case, I feel your pain!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Oh, and I believe it is a quad :)
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'd be willing that if you live with in city limits, that the vehicle is illegal on the street and you can call the cops on the rider.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Maybe Santa brought it. Hopefully the novelty wears off or he finds a new place to ride it. If they're new to the nieghborhood, maybe an anon. letter w/ helpful hints about places to go to ride things like that. If he's w/in city limits, he risks getting a ticket. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would say at that time of night the police might have something to say.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• snowmobiles and atvs are allowed in our town on all trails, roads, and obviously the lake if it is frozen and i personally have no problem with them. i actually enjoy hearing them as it still tells me that people are at least enjoying something in their life right now. if you really have a problem with it i would try and ask him if he couldnt do it a bit earlier in the day or around his own block.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I live on a snow mobile trail so I feel your pain!
    After dark (usually 10:30pm) there are usually noise ordinances so you can defer to the police if you truely can't stand it.
    If I were in pain (and I usually am!) and couldn't sleep continuously because of this person's antics I would definately consider calling.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Is there any city noise ordiance past like 10:00 PM? I would call it in. I think that's pretty dangerous to do so unless you are in the country.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yes i know for a fact that the atvs and quads (thanks i learned a new word!) arent legal in city limits - noise control starts at 10 on weeknights. so it is illegal - but it is petty - like ppl said - you know someone is happy. an annon letter is a good idea but... god i hate to be that person. thanks for the ideas!- i know the cops here are cool - they make kids fix stuff and do comm service before they actually make reports on them... so i doubt they would do anything but tell him where he can go to do it. i guess i will see what i want to do if it continues..
    AmaliaD

Comment by AmaliaD (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• what are the rules abt making a noise after a certain time at night? i know here its 11pm .. after that you can get prosecuted if you are going abt making loud noises and disrupting ppl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2011