Need to Vent SO Playing Derogatory Game! Grrrr adult content

My SO is playing Fable on Xbox and I find it totally derogatory towards women.
In this "game" they take prositutes and sleep with them...go to "whore houses", take wives than KILL them for money.
It's pissing me off..even though it's just a "game".
I don't know why feel so irrationally.
I feel not only jealousy about the females but degraded.
I wonder if corporate Big Whigs would ever invent a game where women did such things
to men??!  With a woman on the cover.

(It should be noted that sex scenes arn't shown and I come from an abusive background).
Am I alone in this feeling??

Missikat75

Asked by Missikat75 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• To me it's just a game.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Disgusting. And people wonder why there is so much abuse in this world
    Anonymous

• Who thinks of games like that?
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Maybe you're jealous of the amount of money they make?

I wouldn't call it derogatory towards women --prostitutes make their living taking advantage of men's inability to control themselves, or develop intimate relationships. If men weren't so easily exploited, there would be no prostitution.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 8:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I already thought of the title for your new game where woman rule- "Ball Busters!" Where women lure men into seductive situations & find numerous ways to torture their manliness! Quick- call Nintendo- better to have it on the Wii- LOL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• didnt even know there was such a game. Thats really bad. I wouldnt like that either. Just by playing garbage like that its gonna mess you up in the head sooner or later, some more some less. People should "play" junk like that.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 8:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You can make a female character and do the same thing to men.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 8:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i dont understand how games like that can be enjoyable. its like all those combat games and auto thief ones. its so desenseitizing. did you know that the military actually "likes" kids that play alot of combat games because when they actually get out into combat they treat it like a game and dont even think twice about what they are doing. its sickening.

because of stuff like i i will not allow game systems into my house. i dont want my kids to be so absorbed into games that they forget that there is more to life and loose their creativity.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• as long as he treats you well i dont understand why you care how he directs his FAKE characters to treat FAKE women...if he mistreats YOU or disrespects YOU, thats a whole other story though!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm with you 100%! I would hate that too, you don't have kids that can see this I pray?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2011