how much should a baby be moving at 37 weeks pregnant?

i am a bit worried about my little guy tonight. he isnt moving near as much today as he usually does. and his heart rate was lower than normal aswell at my dr's today. it was 128 bpm. usually his stays 138 to mid 140's.....i have been rubbing at my belly and he realy isnt moving that much in response. usually he gets frustrated if i poke at em and poke back. but not tonight.

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 8:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Little guy is getting cramped in there so it's to be expected that movements will lessen the further along you get. If you're worried call and let doc know. Or drink something cold and sugery and go lay on your side.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm 37 weeks too. I notice he doesn't move as much as he used to because there is not near as much room in there for him. I feel him more at night. And it's more of a squirming feeling. I think 128 bpm is totally fine. If it wasn't, I'm sure your doc would've said and done something. Try drinking some grape juice (or any juice) or a ice cold glass of water. That usually gets my little guy moving. Good luck!
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• movement lessens a bit as you get closer to your due date. the little guy is getting pretty cramped in there. just drink something cold like nanixh said. i forget how many times in an hour they are supposed to move but pretty sure it says in your pregancy book if you have one.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• well he is moving less today alot less than normal for even the past few days. i am drinking a fruit smoothy right now and rubbing my belly trying to get him to wake up. but im not getting much of a response. i have been high risk since day one of this pregnancy and now e are full term i am worried something might be wrong. im trying to do a kick count but he just isnt responding to me.
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• to test normal fetal movement drink a very cold sugary drink and lay down in a room with no loud noises he should move 4 times in an hour. fetal movement should remain relatively the same throughout pregnancy tho later on the movements aren't as big.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Try drinking some orange juice, lay on your side and do a kick count, should be about 10 kicks in an hr, if not, call your dr. Yes, there should be a little bit of a decrease in movement, but not drastically.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Drink orange juice or milk right before you lay down for bed. call your dr. if you still don't feel him at all. my boy was VERY active the entire pregnancy until the last 6 weeks, and I panicked everytime I went too long without feeling him! Always call your dr. if you think something is wrong, don't feel dumb about doing so. That's what they are there for! :) Good luck!
    lefultz87

Answer by lefultz87 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• O, and Kay on your left side, it provides your little guy with optimum blood and oxygen circulation.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Lay*
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my dr told me to do a kick count (don't have to be kicks just movements). She said there should be 5 an hour and if not to go straight to triage even if it was 4 within the hour and 1 in an hour and 5 min.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011