how to help my 59 year old mom that has never worked but has NO money and no home? adult content

I have already tried her living with my family and and that almost ended my marriage. She is no longer welcome at 3+ FAMILY MEMBERS homes.
My father, her husband, Died March 2008 leaving no money and back taxes not paid.
WE offer to move into her home and pay the bills but she turned us down, So she lost the house and moved in with her parents for a bit was not happy there so i asked her to stay here and help us with our daughter so my husband and i could both work full time and that didnt work so i sent her back to her parents then she got licked out of there and then she has been staying with other family members.

UPdate: talked to her today and she is now on food stamps and going to see a dr soon will meet up with her on saturday to get full info on what exactly is going on with her thank you for your help

Ladyrosa

Asked by Ladyrosa at 8:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oooh 2 Women one household....sounds like a recipe for disaster!
    Both women have ideas about how a household should be run and how children should be raised.
    Grandchild can use grandma as a defense weapon to avoid doing what mom and dad say.
    I can picture it now!
    Have you tried any government programs to help her or a Salvation Army or Church??
    I'm here if you want a friend to talk to...I have had to help my mom make ends meet numerous times!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Could you find a nursing home for her? Most will bill Medicare and won't cost anything out of pocket
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Why didn't her living with you work?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• She was not respecting my husband or me as the parent of our daughter and underminding what we said, the house a mess, hide food, her father was giving her money to help us out but she didnt give it to us.
    Ladyrosa

Comment by Ladyrosa (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have told her about them offered to go with her to the appointments and she flakes on me every time so i tried giving her space and time to figure out her next move and she has done nothing she is getting kicked out on the 5th of feb from a current friend of the family, this is what they sent me :
    Dear Ladyrosa,

Don't want to worry you but wanted to let you know that your mom staying here is short lived. It's been hard for me and your mom is not my responsibility. She needs to help herself first to receive the help she needs. I don't think your mom is well mentally, not that I'm an expert. She's agreed to be out by the 5th of Feb. It won't be here soon enough. I just hope she doesn't leave me hanging....I should have gone with my gut feeling! She just wasn't or hasn't been truthful with me and that's not right.
    Ladyrosa

Comment by Ladyrosa (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• licked????
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would start googling nursing homes.  That's so sad, I'm sorry that your going thru this.  It has to be tough ya know, being an old lady who has some problems and no one can stand to be around. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i agree i would get her into a retirement home some are even income based..
    haydensmom1204

Answer by haydensmom1204 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• well if she don't want to get help then i would just for get it you can't help somebody that doesnt want it but in her state take your time with her show her love she might told you she than got over her husband death but deep inside she really has not she needs somebody to talk to she is really hurtin bad losin her husband took a big part of life from her so you have to be calm an give her time
    quetta669

Answer by quetta669 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you can help someone that doesnt or unwilling to help themselves. and stop the bad behavior which is leading to her getting kicked out of so many places. i feel for you in this situation.
    marinewife0311

Answer by marinewife0311 at 7:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2011