My baby is 2 1/2 months and he has started to roll over from his tummy to his back. What is the average age when babies start to roll over to one side? i feel that it is too early for him to be doing that.

DRCsMommy82308

Asked by DRCsMommy82308 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's obviously not TOO early since he's doing it, I think that is a little earlier than typical but that's awesome! My son was a super early roller and was rolling over tummy to back by 1 month and back to tummy by 3 months.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• nope, he just learn something news to his life. I hope you in enjoy watch him grow and getting smart baby. my son learn very slow than my baby niece learn faster. all baby differet ways.
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 7:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think it depends on the baby. Mine was rolling over from her back to her side at 4 days old.
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think all answers are good. If he does it consistantly, then that is the way he does things. Mine did the same thing, she hated being on her tummy. Is 5 mos and is pulling up and wanting to cruise already. So each one differs.
    keepitsimple088

Answer by keepitsimple088 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Nope, he's just a good mover! My guy is the same age and I'd be thinking it was too early as well, only because my baby is growing way too fast for me!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Why are you worried that he seems to be a bit ahead?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• They all develop at their own pace, have fun with it. My mum said I was lifting myself up with my arms, head steady, like i was doing push ups, on the birthing table....no joke, my god father was the doctor who delivered me. She also said I was rolling complete rolls when we came home from the hospital, like the girl above whose baby rolled over at 4 days. Some babies are just stronger and more active! My husband and I also walked at 6 monthes....LOL Enjoy it, mine is almost 14 weeks and he rolled to his side the first 2 weeks, and since he has plumped up, no more of that LOL But we keep waiting....
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008