Disappearing positive and backwards line....

I'm now 15 days late. I woke up ready to puke this morning... tests thus far had been negative, except one which I could not tell if a line was actually there or if it was the strip in the back. Took one this afternoon and the line appeared at the one minute mark... hung around...but then by the end of 5 minutes had totally disappeared. It was faint, but definitely there. Then tonight I took another test...and there was a VERY dark blue line which hung around for a bit longer... the right shade and shape for a positive...only... it was horizontal rather than vertical. It, too, eventually disappeared...but it's now just very faint.

My care provider doesn't want to do a blood test until I miss another period, since missing one can be normal and he doesn't do your first visit til 12 weeks or so. So for now, he said to just take vitamins and avoid alcohol and all that as if I were pregnant...but this is getting annoying. WTF does a disappearing positive mean? Or a positive facing the wrong way? I can't find the company website to look up anything about this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• get a digital test so it will just say the word
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 9:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I've taken those previously...but negative. All others except these have been negative. So I waited for AF... still nothing. Then I woke up one day and my boobs were throbbing so bad I thought there was something seriously wrong. Still negative. I wake up TODAY and I'm nauseated off and on all day, no food sounds good, etc... took two tests today, and those were my responses.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't know what test you used, but the one's I use say disregard results after 3 minutes, you have to read the test right away... I had a digital one that said pregnant, but after being in the trash for about 15 minutes it changed to not pregnant... and I'm currently 15 weeks... So I'm gonna vote the positive results you got right away are correct, and after 5 minutes too much time had elapsed. Either way avoiding alcohol and taking vitamins can't hurt you, so I'd follow the docs instructions and see what happens in a month. GL
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I always thought the results showed up WITHIN three minutes, but don't read after ten? I'm so confused, and I don't have the box because I was like "OH yeah, I've taken so many I don't need the stupid box." Word to the wise. Save the box. lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I've done that before, and then I was like crap, I needed that box... If I were you I wouldn't tell anyone, but I'd treat my body like I was pregnant. I'll send positive thoughts your way, let us know when you find out for sure!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2011