what do you think? and any more info. on tying my tubes....

they gave me the paperwork to sign & let me bring it home with me to think about it.. before I give birth to my 3rd baby... I'm sure I don't want anymore at all ... my DH agrees but then my o.b says the risks & basically well like with any surgery i might not wake up after the surgery with the anastesia =/ & risk of infection , tubal pregnancy if it happens which is dangerous etc.. I've never been through any type of surgery small or big... So i'm nervous & don't know what to do ... I tried talking to my mom about it to get her opinion or her thoughts about the risks.. but all I got was I'll call you later I can't talk about it with you rightnow Reason being[My aunt thats never been there for us or cared all of a sudden decides to show up after like 16 yrs. to say goodbye to us since she's going to mexico to visit my uncle...] Maybe i'm being selfish but I told her ok. but also I'm thinking what could be more important than to talk to your daughter about a risky decision I have to take....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• Google is your bestfriend.  Google and read everything you can on this before making your decision.  It is a big deal, I would be nervous too.  Have you looked at other alternatives?  Vasectomy is another option.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If you're not 100% sure about it, don't do it!!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I told my DH & he said he would do it but now he doesnt want to do it because it might hurt =/ so Its going to be basically up to me I dont trust the Depo shot or the pills anymore so i was also thinking about the IUD for 5 yrs. but then they told me they only had the 10 yr one & that i would have really heavy periods so i was looking more forward with the 5 yrs one ... but idk.... I want to make it definate I don't want more than 3 kids .. I LOVE my kids but more than 3 is not for me ....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No I'm SuRe I'm just scare of the risks & that what if I dont wake up from anastesia
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I would look up another Dr.  Find out who has the 5 year birth control that you actually want.  He doesn't want to do it because it hurts?  It's a lot better surgery and pain wise than a freaking tube tying from what I understand.  What does he think your going to feel?  Tickles?  I would definitely check out other options before going thru with it. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Have you heard about Essure? You can Google it. I've heard good things. Its apparently just as effective as having your tubes tied, just as permanent, but it doesn't involve being cut open - from what I understand they just insert it in an in and out procedure. There's someone on here, CM, who has had it done and who I've seen swear by it more than once, hopefully she'll be able to answer and give you more info, if you're interested. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• dying under anesthesia is relatively rare, its a pretty low chance of happening
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I have the ESSURE and the only problem I have now is my period. It was heavy but its getting better now.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Well ask D/H what he thinks having a baby is a piece of cake. Tell him to grow up and have the vascetomy, and let you have your 3RD baby and come home after that pain and enjoy your baby. My S/O had it done on a Friday, came home and laid ard all weekend and went to work on Monday. If he takes care of himself he'd be fine, he needs to grow up and take some of the pain for a change. I can not believe he will let you have 3 kids for him all that pain and say that to you, I'd be furious with him. Glad he's yours and not mine, my husband actually said he'd do it because I had his 3 chd and all that pain, I was so proud of him. Good Luck and don't do it if your not sure, I bet the threat of no sex just might chg his mind, it did my SIL.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You have to ask yourself several questions. Are you okay with not having anymore children? Are you okay with surgery? Will your DH/SO be willing and able to care for your children while you recover from surgery?
    I had my tubes tied after giving birth to baby #3. It was a tough decision, but ultimately the right one for our family. I did not go under full anesthesia, I had a spinal instead because of my irregular heart rate and issues with a previous surgery. If you are ONLY worried about the anesthesia you could discuss those options with your surgeon.
    Recovery after tubal (for me) took about 2 weeks. I also had my tubal the day after YDD was born so the recovery time for others could be more or less. I needed my husband to help me out quite a bit & I have a high pain tolerance
    If for any reason you are not sure whether you want more children or not I would NOT undergo tubal.
    I hope this has been helpful
    Caitlin2407

Answer by Caitlin2407 at 2:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2011