my frist baby, He turn one years old, what i do next??

I need know how old he ready to eat on his own without my help, and use sippy cup?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He can eat his own food now. It will be messy since he will use his hands. He won't be really good with a fork and spoon until about age 3. Once you see that he knows HOW to use them, just gently remind him to use them. Don't force the issue until he is 2 and a half, just keep reminding him that he has a spoon to use.
    And he can use a sippy cup now.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• He should be ready to try eating on his own and drinking from a sippy cup already. Try giving him pieces of soft food that you've cut up into small pieces. He will make a big mess, but that's fine, it's all part of learning how to feed himself. You could strip him down to just his diaper, or maybe spread newspaper or plastic under his chair. With the sippy cup, take the spill-proof valve out of the lid so that the water can drip out. That will help him figure out what to do. Good luck!

ToddlerBrain82

Answer by ToddlerBrain82 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008