Does your SO/Hubby have a Bromance? Does it ever get out of hand? Opinions are welcomed

MINE DOES!!

It's okay for the most part but then there are times where it is ridiculous.

1. He and his friend stayed on the phone for an hour and a half

2. The very next day, some how they wake up at the same time, they talk again for a half hour upon waking

3. They borrow each other's cars, and constantly carpool...which is alright

4. They copy each other, one buys this, the other one does too

5. They do playdates with the kids, the bromance's son is his ex's but he has visits, not bio...which is okay too also admirable and forces me to have a heart for him, even though I dont wana

6. They went out for gelato together, like a date

7. Now they want to open a business together, issue is lol it's not going to happen because I'd be the investor since I'm the only one in good enough standing to get the cash...dream killed ;{}

# 1,2,6,7 are over board...what do you think?  

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 9:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• Hubby has a few close friends..but I don't think they really take it to any "extremes"...
    our bestfriends happen to be in the same family :) --and our kids are 6w apart! they're amazing people...and our Hubbies DEFINITELY have a "bromance"...lol, they call themselves..."Jesus & Moses"...they're weird! but when we all get together..it makes for some of THEE funniest times, ever! love em to death!
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 9:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'd wish the guy would just die or move far away. I wouldn't like sharing my husband that much.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:08 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• My hubby has an on again off again bromance, but the guy states that hubby is SOOOOOOOO not his type...though they've gone on a bit more dates than I have with hubby. Though, my man and his man friend don't go to the extremes as what's on your list. Wow, more power to you.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I agree with you most definately on number 6!
    And for awhile my SO was constantly over at his buddies house helping him with house projects...yet he could never help me
    here at home!
    I'm on SSI/DI and I am paying for everything...he doesn't work.
    I'm raising a teen son..and get no child support.
    So his constant hanging with his buddy and helping him and not me sent me over the edge.
    Gelato Date though???!
    I'd almost start to question his manhood.
    Reminds me of the movie "I Love You Man".
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• MY hubby has a group of friends he has known since kindergarten. They complete each others sentences. Sick.

They are all good guys, just geeky and weird.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Does bromance mean your hubby has a boyfriend outside of your marriage? I'm confused.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 9:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• my husband has good guy friends but nothing that extreme which im grateful for
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 9:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• @Missikat75

That is his favorite movie...OMG haha 

It gets annoying, and the bromance happens in spurts.  They willl go a while with out talking obsessively and then all the sudden the other one has girl trouble and they get to talking 4EVER or some other problem

Then sometimes I will get mad and they will not talk for a week, out of fear, lol and then they slowly transition into the bromance again.

DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• They were roommates for 3 years before I came along and this guy was all jealous of me, lol he would never talk to me, so we don't even talk at all.  But they had another roommate for the other 2 of 3 years and he lives on the east coast so they never see each other, but when he visits he basically lives with us.  Oh and he visits just to see my SO and the other one. So it's 3 guys, who are all alike, have similar interests, and I usually just check out, now they have 'recruited' my one year old. ugh

DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• IMO It's just a friendship that is like they are inseparable.  Almost like brothers, but maybe more or less extreme depending on who it is. Like a romance, but a friend (bro) mance.

not a boyfriend at all, lol just friend. 

DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2011