anyone else think MTV's "Skins" is widely inappropriate?

There's a lot on tv I think is inappropriate for different age groups but I caught part of the show the other night and at 23 I was like wow, I feel like if my mom came over right now I'd get in trouble lol... anyone else catch the show and think the same thing?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Entertainment

• i caught a part of it last night and i thought the same thing. it was all about drugs and kids having sex and so on...it is a scripted show. and i think it is highly inappropriate and sends the wrong message to teens. reality tv is one thing. it usually shows the true after math of leading a life in that manner. but that show is nothing but a joke about being a dope head with no self respect. i am in my late twenties. and dont care for this show.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• 98% of anything on MTV is deplorable and disgusting.
    LizardAgent

Answer by LizardAgent at 9:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Absolutely disgusting. The show is disgusting and so is MTV. How low will they go?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Ya I would never let my kids watch it, but I do, Its like mtv's version of sex and the city
    1Angeland3Girls

Answer by 1Angeland3Girls at 9:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Its a show off of BBC America and that station gets away with TONS...even SyFy took Being Human from BBC America with so much sex in it and since US has to tame it down...it could be worse. I just wish MTV went back to music videos.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Ive heard terrible things about the show. I have mtv blocked on my televisions. Shows today just keep pushing limits and personally it disgusts me..drugs,alcohol,violence,sex and more sex
    Sheilas123

Answer by Sheilas123 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Okay, gimme the scoop ladies, what's the show about?  If it's that bad I can't look it up because my kiddos are sitting around me! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I taped it to see what it was like but haven't watched it yet. It looks terribly inappropriate for teenagers!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I watch it for about 10 minutes and felt just like you did. I think this show is just going to far. MTV may have some pretty weird things on but this was too much.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• to sum it up in 2 words, teens and sex... thats' pretty much it... but they all party, drink, there's sneak peeks that lead you to believe group orgy's are going down... and the girls get jealous because so and so slept with so and so's boyfriend, but they're all supposedly "friends"... its just so unrealistic of real life... I know most things are but this shocked even me, and people comment all the time to me "how can you watch that" cause usually I'm amused not offended... I just thought this one was ridiculous... And I read an article that said taco bell had pulled their sponsorship of the show and their tv adds because they didn't want to be associated with the show and the audience it was aiming at... pretty bad when taco bell won't sponsor your show
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2011