im a mother of soon to b 3 i feel i need to spend more time one on one with my other kids but my husbands a trucker and i have no family here any ideas?

haydensmom1204

Asked by haydensmom1204 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have been having this same feeling lately.  I also have 3 kids.  One on the way.  I feel like I never have enough one on one time with them.  My only option is my hub so we're now taking turns doing stuff with them individually.  Do the kids nap?  Maybe keep one up just for a bit while the other 2 are sleeping?

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The new baby will sleep a lot, and you can spend some special time with the older ones while the baby sleeps. Depending on ages you might consider letting the oldest stay up 30 minutes later than the others. When your husband is home take advantage of it - leave two children with him and take the other one with you to the store or out to lunch or something.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 9:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• thanks u guys. its just depressing i want my kids to know how much they mean to me
    haydensmom1204

Comment by haydensmom1204 (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• you may want to look in the newspaper for babysitters, or sometimes depending on the age of the children, there are preschools and head starts that are held half a day. Some are income based for the ones who need extra help! I would maybe check into some of those, so that you could get a little quality time with your little ones.
    tayshu4

Answer by tayshu4 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Write them notes!  I saw that on Super Nanny.  You write them notes during the daytime on what they did that made you happy and proud.  At the end of the day you read your notes to them.  I know it's not one on one time with each child but those kids were SO happy when their parents read the notes to them.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Child they KNOW! Girl dont make yourself CRAZY!!!! Just do your best, touch them once a day. Give them a kiss, hug them, tell them that you love them. That is all that you can do dear. JUST DO YOUR BEST!
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 9:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• :) thank u i needed to hear that
    haydensmom1204

Comment by haydensmom1204 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Where are you from?
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 6:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• depending on the ages. I also have 3 kids. the baby naps and i spend it with the middle child. since the oldest is at school. the oldest gets time when shes home and we do her homework and reading together. the baby gets his time since right now he goes to bed after the girls.
    marinewife0311

Answer by marinewife0311 at 7:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Do you have any friends who will trade child care with you?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011