how do i get my preschooler to listen and focus at school?

my daughter is having a rough time transitioning at a new preschool. she wont listen, participate, and will argue or whine and cry. she did fine the first week, second week went down hill and it just keeps getting worse. I just started working at the school, I thought it would help with her but it seems to be making it worse, she wants me but wont listen and just wants to play with the younger kids that just play, and when we start the learning activities, she just does things without thinking. an example, she was eating lunch and then put her fork to a little boy. I know thats extreme could have ended very bad. but she really wasnt doing to be mean she just did it. she can focus on things for long periods of time and is very bright, as ive been told but im being intructed to go ask for some kind of help with her because she just acts and she should be thinking and wanting to learn by now. right?

mvinor

Asked by mvinor at 7:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• hmmm my daughters in the same boat....wish i knew what to tell ya...and if ya find out let me know...lol...i know whenever i go to pick up my daughter from preschool, i ask her what she learned that day, and all she says is I DONT KNOW!! i have to pretty much ask her if this is what she learned..and she'll say yes or no...luckily our preschool tells the parents what they learned that day when we go to pick up our kids..but..holy crap next year when shes in kindergarten, and if all she says is i dont know..i dunno what im gonna do..lol..drives me crazzzzzzzzzy!! im constantly reminding her when i drop her off to "remember to pay attention, mommy wants to hear alll about it afterwards" but nope...she doesnt..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• My Daugher hasn't started schools yet . so, i'm not answering by experience.
    However I use to be a substitute teacher. Your daughter sounds board. Even is she is in a busy room
    with lots of other children.
    Wishi could help more.
    geussmoma

Answer by geussmoma at 10:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• give her omega 3 tablets and this does work,with constant use they listen,theyre good and imroves concentration.its the omega3 fish oil for kids.this does work and behaivour improves tremendously
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 4:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• You put this in the 3-4 age group....so I assume she's between 3 and 4, lol. That's typical behavior for a 3-4 year old. Give it some time for her to get used to it...it will get better eventually. Kids that age just want to play, and they learn best through play. If they're having them sit for too long, then they will act up. You weren't really clear with what was going on so I'm just guessing.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2008