Getting your necessary 8 glasses of water a day

If you do this are you in the bathroom a lot? And if it's to hydrate your body, then why does your body get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• nice question!! your body just needs to remove all the waste and the weight of the baby on your bladder makes you go more good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Did I say I was pregnant?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I drink a lot of water and no I am not in the bathroom all the time. I prefer water to just about any other drink. Its not only good for hydration but overall health of you and your body. As for the getting rid of water, we get rid of the food we once our body has taken what is needed from it.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't think you necessarily need a strict 8 glasses a day. If you're thirsty, drink water. If you're very concerned about your water consumption, however, you might want to replace your milk with water at meals.
    LizardAgent

Answer by LizardAgent at 10:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• not only for hydration, it also helps your digestive system move the food and nutrients throuout your body. when there is plenty of water in your system, your body just works better
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• The body will get rid of excess waste, but I don't find that I am in the bathroom too often. When you urinate, you are getting rid of much more than water, and the water provides a means to get a lot of bad stuff out. Also, maintaining a good fluid balance is important for temperature control, as well as vital functions (heart, digestion, nerve impulses, immune system...).

When getting to an 8 8oz glasses, sometimes one will urinate more often, but that may taper off once the body has gotten rid of the wastes it needs to with the increased water intake.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You'll pee more often at first, but after a few days it tapers down. When I first started making a conscious effort to drink more water, I don't think I'd peed that much since I was pregnant. But after 3 or 4 days, it went back to normal. Your body just has to get used to it and become efficient again with what it's given.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• They have just come out with a new study that you do not need 8 glasses of water, also any liquid counts even soda. As long as your pee is a light yellow color you are plenty hydrated.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i is good to pee often because you want to keep your kidnets flushed out, if you dont drink enough h2o you can develop kidney disease in the long run or urinary tract infections
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• They call it flushing your system.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2011