weird in a gag m way or unique in a good way?

my hubby and i are expecting a baby girl in June, and we are dead set on naming HER Lavian ( pronounced LAY-VIN) Eli....our sons name is Lucian Michael

Nicholeb211

Asked by Nicholeb211 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Baby Names

• Pretty but be prepared for mispronunciations. I would've pronounced it La-Vee-Ann
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I don't like it, it is just too different. But, it's not up to anyone but the parents what name the child gets.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yeah I'm not a fan but its not my kid... by best friend doesn't like the name we picked for our up-coming daughter, Emilina, so to each his own! its your daughter, do what makes you happy :) just don't get offended if people pronounce it wrong
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I really, really like your sons name...so what happened here?

Lavian won't be pronounced Lay- Vin...I would pronounce it La-Vee-Ahn, much like CassiRae3 read it. So, you would need something more like Laivin or Layvin spelling on that I believe.

Second, I think having the two names, Lucian sound so similar to Lay Vin is going to sound like a variation on a theme. It would be like the same name again, just a slightly different ring to it. I don't think that is a good idea either.

I think you should definitely reconsider this one.

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I DON'T LIKE THE NAME TOO CONFUSING FOR ANYONE TO SAY.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm sorry, but I don't care for it. I don't think it will ever be pronounced correctly and I really don't think it sounds very pretty either. But that is just my opinion =)
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i like it pronounced Lah-vee-ahn
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i like it! different is good!!!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i'm all for unique but i assure you that name's gonna be mispronounced forever and evr and ever
    Mrs.L.Mita

Answer by Mrs.L.Mita at 11:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• it goes good with your sons name.
    MyFirstBabyTime

Answer by MyFirstBabyTime at 12:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2011