im nervous buying a house

i really feel that buying a house is going to make me stuck. Its so hard because we love the house but something is telling me not to do it!! Help

Asked by ChanQ at 10:22 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think that everyone gets really nervous when they are making a huge financial decision like that. I know that we were scared to death when we bought our house. Having said need to make sure that all of your housing expenses (mortgage, insurance and taxes) don't exceed 25% of your income. Try to build up some savings because there WILL be things that you will need to repair and it will make you feel a lot better to have money set aside for it. Good luck!

Answer by slw123 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• If you're not comfortable then don't do it. Sometimes that little "warning" leads to what you really want later.

Answer by how_reb at 10:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• while i agree with how reb...buying a home is a big job there are a million things u have to do on ur own...lawn care, fixing things..its up to u. me and dh just bought a house 3 months ago. and were happy no more landlords no nothing its ours..and honestly were paying less now then we did renting..theres still things we want to do but we can do it on our own time like painting....carpets...its scary and stressful but for us it was worth it. best of luck and dont settle on a good house get the one u want do the inspection and ask questions!

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I think that buying your own home is the one best financial investments a couple can make.

Why do you think you would be "stuck"?

Answer by beeky at 8:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• then dont do it

Answer by san78 at 5:31 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If you're not feeling good about it, don't!

Answer by mamagoose524 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2011