Californian's....

Do you consider HELLA to be a bad word?  Do you or Will you let your kids say it.  I know I say it and I wasn't allowed to say it at home until I was a teen.  You?

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 10:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• OMgoodness! I havent heard that word in a hecka long time,lol! I guess Id let my teens slip it by once in awhile but not younger :) I miss California :(
    Sheilas123

Answer by Sheilas123 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i dont think its a bad word i would probably let my 14 year old say it, but not younger
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I'm not a Californian, but my husband lived in northern Cali for most of his life. We both say hella, and no, we don't consider it a bad word.We don't say it in a negative way...to us, it means "super" or "very", if that makes sense, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• lol, I know what it means, I live in california. It could also be used to replace a whole sentence
    for example:
    "I love oreo's"
    response: "hella"

like I hella love oreos too, or I agree...just depends on how north you go I guess, lol and how much pot has been smoked by either party
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Almost everyone who leaves California Misses it here. Rarely do you have a person who doesn't like it. And I love how you used Hecka, lol another word for Hella :)
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• ive never heard of it b4
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011