How to unwind for bed( for adult)?

Lately, it's been hard unwinding to go to bed.My Chamomile tea has just ran out and that usually helps me relax. There is like so many thoughts and ideas running in my head about what to do, etc. I heard that having a hot shower one hour before bed helps. If I do that, what would be some light activities to do for myself after that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Health

• Read a few chapters of a favorite book or pick up a magazine. Reading tends to make me sleepy.
    nmaxwell816

Answer by nmaxwell816 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Reading keeps me awake. I usually play solitaire in bed on my phone until I pass out with it in my hands. It is the only thing that keeps my brain from wandering.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I either browse CM on my phone, or cuddle with my son or hubby.
    eeyore530

Answer by eeyore530 at 12:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Drink some relaxing night time tea, go om CM watch TV
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have problems with racing thoughts, especially when I try to go to sleep. Then I was diagnosed with bipolar 2. Anyway, my doc told me to take a hot bath, make sure your room is cool like 65 to 69 degrees. She told me that combo works pretty good cause the coolness of the room will trigger sleepiness. Can't remember the science part of it she said. Anyway, if that didn't help, write down the thoughts u r having, if possible if u need to, solve them on the paper. That should be able to help u a little bit.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2011