Do you send anything special for your son to his school on Valentine's Day

I was wondering what I could do for my sons when they go to school I know that some moms and dads send flowers to their daughters but what about sons?

mommato2boys79

Asked by mommato2boys79 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I always sent my daughters something to school when they were in public school (we don't have any sons). I would think boys would like candy and balloons too as long as they were "manly". LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't. I think he may become embarrassed. You could get him something nice and give it to him when you get home from school
    nmaxwell816

Answer by nmaxwell816 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• When my son was in kindergarten, he liked me visiting him. But then came first, and he didn't want to be "embarassed" in front of his frineds, lol. I can respect that. So, now i put a special valentine treat in his lunch (he doesn't get sweets in his lunch, so those things are a big treat), and he shows it off to his friends, lol, and thinks it's pretty cool. I still get him something special, but now i have it at the breakfast table, so that morning, when he comes in for breakfast he finds a surprise. He loves that.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• U could put a card in there lunch bag or backpack telling them how u feel about them with a treat....I thinks boys would appreciate a v day gift from their mom but in a more discreet way (so they're not embarressed in front of their buddies)
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 10:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• LOL an action figure bouquet
    Anonymous

• http://ww11.1800baskets.com/collection.do?dataset=11500&tpfpb8=1
    Anonymous

• My Boys arent is school yet But I was wondering if it was to out there to get them a balloon and maybe some candy nothing Girly.. stuff with cars on it
    mommato2boys79

Comment by mommato2boys79 (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• kids at my sons school are allowed to have their parents bring them in a hot lunch once in awhile for a nice unexpected treat. i remember that from back in the day when i was in middle school & elementary too! everybody was always jealous when a kid got that from their parents-& definatley shouldnt get your child teased or imbarassed. theyd like it im sure from maybe their favorite restauraunt or take out place.(as long as your childs school allows it) just an idea.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• No I wouldn't do that. I think that would be embarrassing to him. If I wanted to give him something I would do it at home.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes I normally send treats for my sons Special Needs Class they love the cute treat bags and sometimes cup cakes and I will go and help him out and it is always fun.
    auntie335

Answer by auntie335 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2011