• In the Spotlight:

Does your hair hurt?

Ok that was a stupid question, but you know that feeling when you put your hair downafter having it in a tight updo all day, where the roots of your hair kinda hurt. I've had that feeling for that past couple days and my hairs been down. It's like my scalp is all of a sudden sensitive. Anyone know what I'm talking about or how to get rid of it?

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I get this often too. I just wash and condition it good and use a leave in conditioner spray that works great. Sleep with wet hair and when you wake up it should be fine.
    MyFirstBabyTime

Answer by MyFirstBabyTime at 11:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I get that a lot..but my hair is thick, long, and heavy, and I have a tendency of pulling my ponytail too tight. I don't know how to prevent it, but I do let my hair down and it goes away after a bit. I don't know why it would still be hurting for you..maybe try massaging your scalp?
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I do know what you are talking about. But I don't know how to get rid of the pain since your hair has been down. Hopefully the pain will go away soon.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• It's been a few years since my hair was long enough to tie back but I definitely know what you mean.  It is caused by the stretching of the skin on your scalp.  

AJ's massage suggestion is a good one.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yes! kinda like a bruised feeling
    I don't wear my hair back anymore too much damage
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Thank you ladies! I did both suggestions, conditioned and massaged my scalp, and my head feels so much better! And thanks for the info Beeky and sarasmommy I didn't know what it was, guess I won't be wearing my hair up for awhile.
    myree85

Comment by myree85 (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2011