Do you think it was childish???

I heard on the View (from Barbara Walters) that when Bush became pres, the Clinton staff (not president Clinton himself I think) caused $50,000 worth of damage to their offices and removed all of the W's from the computers. (I have to admit that was funny, I guess they did it since his middle initial is "w")

But I have to say that is kind of immature and childish!

What do you think?

Here's an article that mentions it:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-obama-visit_monnov08,0,2832347.story

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its childish
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Yea, we have talked about this before... It cost the taxpayers to fix and replace. Some say it was a joke and get over it...
    But I say.. Jokes shouldn't cost the taxpayers money...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• They also left behind piles of trash that had to be hauled out. Clinton made no effort to extend a welcome to George W. Bush when he became President, and Bush is going above and beyond what needs to be done to make the transition as smooth as possible for Obama.

Says a lot about Bush's class and Clinton's lack of.
    Anonymous

• too bad the vandalism was completely blown out of proportion.
    http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/stories/01/27/w.h.pranks/index.html

"Republican sources told CNN that the pranks included removing the letter "w" from computer keyboards, forwarding some calls from various offices to the chief of staff's office and leaving signs on doors poking fun at Bush's occasional verbal pratfalls, such as one sign saying 'Office of the Strategerie.'"
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 9:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• ok...so if someone does this to Obama it wouldn't be called racist...my behind. Whats good for the goose......
    Anonymous

• Yes, not only KIND OF childish - completely out-of-bounds behavior for people who have responsibilities and duties in the WHITE HOUSE, for crying out loud. If people behaved like that at my children's school, I would not let them have charge of my kids. Amazingly, this deliberate juvenile delinquent behavior was tolerated to a great extent by the media. ... The same media who hounded various Bush gov't officials for weeks about getting an apology for some misstep.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• it is my understanding from various news discussions regarding this, that this a tradition that goes back many many years, and that the people involved in these cabinets actually look forward to it and try to outdo each other, but G.W. has put his foot down and said this staff will not partake in the tomfoolery that has gone on in the past. can you imagine what they would have done to The Big O?
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 10:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think the W.s on the keyboards would be a funny joke to play on someone (albeit childish), but as far as 50k in damage, that would be uncalled for.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Well, look at it this way, if you move into a new home and the previous owners had their initials all over everything, would you just leave it , or would you want to remove them? And how much was spent to put all of those W's on everything? You've stated how much it was to remove them, so how much was waisted putting them on?
    Anonymous

• Heather - sorry, even not blown out of proportion it's childish. This is the office of the President of the United States. Pulling pranks (especially ones that cost *me* money) are totally unprofessional and immature. Pull that crap in the office place and you're looking at loss of pay at best, charges of vandalism and defacement filed if they're really mad at you for it. And I'm sorry, if the current administration pulled this on the incoming team, the fits thrown around here and in the media - wow. I can just hear it now. . .

How about getting some objectivity here. Pretend for once you can be objective and fair and not a party shill willing to excuse anything and everything a liberal does.
    Anonymous