can i mix whole milk with abby formual at 8 1/2 months old?

im running low on formula and money. wic only gives so much. can i mix whole milk with formula, if so how much?

aromo61009

Asked by aromo61009 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont think so....i never heard of that. formula is totaly dif than milk. i would be afraid to do it. have you tried googling it?
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 11:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't do it, only because I just tried that with my almost 1 year old and it gave her diahrreah (sp?) and it hurt her tummy.!! Call local shelters, and baby places like birthright, they will help you out!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I wouldn't.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i wouldnt but if u have to do just an oz and slowly move up each week! if they can handle it! it might give them the runs!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i have and alot of posts say that moms do that when they are switching they babies to milk. but i have a 3 year old and i never did that. i just need to do something or im going to run out. i have no idea what im going to do. i dont get paid for another week and wic only gives me so many cans each month, im soo stressed right now.
    aromo61009

Comment by aromo61009 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Call your pediatrician's office and see if they can give you some sample cans. They often get stuff for babies from the companies, and what else are they there for.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Walmart formula cheaply priced. Can you afford a can of that? I believe it's only like $12 instead of $25.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i wouldnt mix the formula with the mild. BUT you could at that age use cereal in warm apple juice. i know its not the same but it does provide nutrients. and as a last resort you could use watered down milk. im sorry your going thru this. also dont give baby full dose apple juice maybe half juice half water.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 11:46 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• You can but i wouldnt.....not that young. I had to mix formula and milk when i was trying to get DS to drink milk because he didnt like the taste....but that wasnt very long and i wouldnt recomend it when they are that young
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i made the mistake of giving my oldest daughter apple juice when she was younger....WOOOWW!!! what a daiper that was! lol
    thanks for all the ideas guys, great help. <3
    aromo61009

Comment by aromo61009 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2011