is it normal for every feeding there is a bowel movement

Jomommy0583

Asked by Jomommy0583 at 11:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is baby breastfed? Then yes.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• How old is your baby? It can be very normal, especially for a breastfed baby. Every baby is different, and if this is normal for your baby, then yes, it's normal! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• yes ma'am. ...i remember my first baby. i would change her then nurse her and everytime. never failed she would poo again during that feeding. i was always like i jsut changed you 5 mins ago. i learned to go ahead and finish nursing then change her again.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 11:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• Yes, especially for a breastfed baby. My youngest son would poop EVERY FEEDING for the first couple of months. He'd be pooping WHILE I was nursing him, which was interesting, LOL!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:53 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• I breastfeed my son and he poos twice most of the time during feeding, it's normal. I go thru diapers like water.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 7:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• How old & how do you feed? My kids all pooped every time they had breastmilk (from the tap or the bottle), but once we started supplementing with formula they slowed down just a bit, like one poop every 2 feedings. After a couple of months or they were off the breast it slowed down more yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• it depends
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 12:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2011