decided to end it with boyfriend. Have toddler. How do we do this?

I ended it with my boyfriend last night. We live with our 2 year old and away from all family. How do you go about moving out, splitting everything up, time with child, affording anything? YIKES. I'm scared. Experience?

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 11:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I did it with an attorney, I would never try it on my own! Good luck.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• i've done this before, it's hard. first call the housing authority in your town or the next few towns to see what the wait list is. these places go based on income. you need to figure out when he wants time with the child and when you do, sit down and discuss all this and the amount of child support if any. you can get a round-about number from an online calculator. my ex and i did it without any help. it was hard but it was rewarding to know that we could work things out.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• goodluck mama i hope everything works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• This is not really something that anyone here can possibly advise you on. There are so many variables that make a huge difference including your jobs(if you are a SAHM, u will most likely need to get a job now, childcare, lease or ownership of a home, travel, any social services you receive already (if u do) and jobs/income tie into that, any bills in your name. I mean there are just so many questions to be considered, I KNOW!!! I have considered walking out myself hundreds of times lately!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I was in this situation "ONCE", but never again because I got it together so I could raise my son alone. I went back to school, now have one almost two degrees, a good job, my own home/car, and I'm getting excellent child support. My point is, just take it one day at a time, and start thinking about you and your child's future. Once you do that, everything else will fall in place. Most men, and I said "MOST" men will never ever take parenting seriously like the woman. You get out there and make it for your child's sake. It's not about the BF anymore, you have a child who need a secure roof over his head. Good luck to you, and keep us posted.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Call your family for help first if you can this will give you more time to plan.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2011