Having trouble sitting upright in chairs?

So I am 27 weeks pregnant with my second child and I have been having problems sitting upright in a chair because it kind of hurts my pelvis area or lower stomach. Is this normal? It feels completely better when I am reclined or laying semi flat on my back because it takes the pressure off of my lower stomach. Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem?

Cherish809

Asked by Cherish809 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am pregnant with my 4th and I've had this problem each time I've been pregnant.  I am 26 weeks and it's started already this time around.  Ask your Dr, make sure nothing is wrong.  I think it's the position that the baby is in that makes it extremely uncomfortable on us moms sometimes.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• That can be normal. It's generally just the baby's position, but I agree with the PP that you should still ask your doc to be sure.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:23 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Try sitting on a yoga/birthing ball. It's better for you anyway.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Completely normal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2011