Crying while watching movies

Before I was pregnent I hardly ever cried watching movies. Now after I had my son I will cry at the slightest touching moment in a movie. Its like I can't controll it. Has anyone else ever had this funny problem, and is it normal?

chy821

Asked by chy821 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I cry with movies and tv shows because I find myself actually putting myself in that person's place. I had to reduce the amount of television drama shows so I could stop. But sometimes I find myself crying at movies that most people wouldn't cry at. And when I say that I mean balling my eyes out
    Charlyesmama

Answer by Charlyesmama at 11:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I was a very emotional for about a month after I had my dd. I cried at everything, even casual conversation made me cry! Eventually it passed. If it carries on for a significant amount of time though, talk to your dr., it might be something more serious.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 4:20 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• LOL... ohhhh yes. Don't watch those baby stories and stuff on Discovery Health, you'll be a mess! Your body goes through a HUGE change after a pregnancy, and your hormones are all hopped up, so it's normal to be emotional.
    TinaBeena1216

Answer by TinaBeena1216 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Yepper! Especially if your baby is a newborn. THis can be a part of baby blues or post-partum depression. Sometimes, I will cry during a baby lotion commercial!! It never really went away for me, though. Same thing with scary movies or violent movies. Can't watch any more.
    EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 4:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i am still like that and I have an 18 month old. I got more emotional after having her than I was before she came along.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 4:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Totally normal! We go through such an up and down rollercoaster of hormones before, during and after pregnancy that it seems like anything will set us off! Don't expect it to get better until you get your period back, or longer if you continue to breastfeed. it took me a whole year after my son was born to feel emotionally 'normal' again
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 4:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It's normal and you are stuck with it for life.
    Did you know that the physical structure of a woman's brain is permanently changed during pregnancy?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• OH yes! I was crying over commercials, that were sweet, or sad, or cute. I couldn't make rhyme or reason out of it. Hormones I guess!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2008