Dyeing Dark hair....

If you have dark hair, what's a good color to dye it? I have dark hair and I kind of want a change, but I don't know what a good color would be. Any suggestions?

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It depends on what your skin/current hair tone is. I love dark red but not everyone looks good with that color.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 12:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• depends on how dark it is, i love a violet red
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I've done the red when I was younger and I like it, I just don't like the way it looks when it starts fading.
    myree85

Comment by myree85 (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Honestly just dye it to the exact match. It won't fade as much or look ''off'' when it washes out, or grows out. I'd love to dye mine, although it is so caustic and has so many chemicals that are drying, so it's not a good thing for me.

Sometime I'd love to see just a dye that really dyes hair, and doesn't fry it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Eeek! Anon you just reminded me why I haven't dyed my hair in ages. lol! I haven't dyed it in 7 years.
    myree85

Comment by myree85 (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• hmm..i've colored my hair for 25 years..all kinds of shades/techniques, and except for a few dryer ends when i had longer hair (dryer, because i wasn't cutting as often, and i was using hot tools to style frequently..not the color products!), i've never had a problem. but then, i'm a professional, using correct products the correct way, and the after-care is quite good, as well.
    you can't change the chemistry of your hair without taking care of it, and expect it to look natural, healthy, and shiny.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011