how old was ur child before he/she stoped sleeping in the same bad as u cause i can not get my three year old to sleep in his own bed

baby_doll929

Asked by baby_doll929 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• mine never slept in the bed with me....unless they were sick and at the same time daddy was deployed. and they were in their own room at 3 months.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Mine still sleeps in our bed most nights. We usually put him in his bed but he almost always ends up with us. Right now, it doesn't really bother me, because DH doesn't even go to bed until late and I hate to sleep alone.

But we plan on getting him a twin bed this year, and I am going to encourage him to sleep in his own bed more.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I dont allow them to. i think its a nasty habit to start when they are so young. the only time my kids are allowed to sleep with me is when daddy is deployed and they are having a bad night.
    marinewife0311

Answer by marinewife0311 at 7:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my 3 are adults now & now i have 6 grandchildren & i came from a large family, so i can say that each child is different. some never do, the ones that do grow out of it @ different ages. my 1 GD is 8 & rarely makes it through a night with her own bed! after her father past away (he fell asleep @ the wheel commuting from one job 2 the other, crashed, was trapped in the vehicle & burned to death!), she stopped being able to sleep alone. she was 2yrs old @ the time. before that, she was fine. we haven't been able to change it since. i know that she will be ready @ some point and we have tried and continue to try everything but i believe patients, understanding and persistence in effort will get her there.
    ThankfullyProud

Answer by ThankfullyProud at 10:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I never let them sleep in my bed, didn't want them getting used to it because I didn't want to have to fight them back into their own bed later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2011