wavy hair delimma

I have natural wavy hair and I want to get it cut shorter, but I'm not really sure what style I should go with because I don't want anything that will make it poofy or anything like that. I know it's harder with wavy hair than straight hair to get a shorter cut, but if you have any ideas let me know. If you know of anyone with a cut or pictures you could share that would be even better. Thanks!

nel2359

Asked by nel2359 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have wavy/curly hair, and i have a stacked bob. I can either style it with a flat iron, or wear it wavy with gel in my hair. As long as you use product it shouldnt be frizzy or poofy :)
    Tatumsmommy0123

Answer by Tatumsmommy0123 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• i was really scared when i had my hair cut that it was going to be poofy. i went from very curly almost to my butt to shoulder length. the lady that cut my hair did it in layers and that helped to keep the poof out. i also use tresseme mouse (curl care) and work that into towel dryed hair. let it dry while i'm getting dressed and getting ready then i spray it good with aussie sprunch. i have yet to have a poofy day with the new hair do and i've had it for close to three months now.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Thanks..those comments really help!!
    nel2359

Answer by nel2359 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I forgot to add that I have had my hair of many lengths and i loved when my hair was short..about shoulder length b/c it was so easy and fast to straighten, but i've let it grow and it needs cut again so i was looking for something shorter and sophisticated, but its hard with wavy/curly hair and short cuts. anyway, thanks again for the advice
    nel2359

Answer by nel2359 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Its not hard my love! I have wavy hair that has mega volume and body body body! Like crazy! I have always had short hair even a bob...It looks best short because my hair is so thick and well yah know... I do strighten it just bout everydy though. lol! but when its my reg. I use lots of product and scrunch scrunch scrunch! then it looks more curly and fun short! So there are lots of options. and if you have a great stylist they will help yah out with it! good luck! Wavy hair rocks! well when you get it figured out anyways!
    Anonymous