what pacifier do i give my son i tried lots but he just dont seem to like any

i dont want him to be a thumb sucker

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son didnt really like pacifiers very much. which was fine by me. then i didnt have to ween him off of 1
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I am with PP, my son never would take a paci and I was actually glad I didn't have to worry about weaning him off of it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Both my kids didn't want the pacifier.
    I didn't bother and chucked them.

I figured, why even bother to give it to them so that later on I would have to fight or break their lil hearts to take it away.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 1:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my boys are 16 months old and haven't used paci's since like 3 months. for the first few months they used them at night quite a bit but since then they just dont get it. they put itin their mouth, take it out, and look at me like "what the hell is this mom?" lol they just never wanted one.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 1:21 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• If he doesn't want a paci you can't force him to take it. My oldest turned out to be a thumb sucker until a couple months after he turned 2.. he rarely ever does it anymore and when he does I just remind him to take it out of his mouth.. I didn't want him to be a thumb sucker either but it happened.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Some babies just do not like pacifiers and they do not suck their thumbs either. Don't force it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My son is 6 months and he's never liked Pacis either! He starting to suck his thumb though. I would rather him suck a paci which is easier to break him off of than his thumb. My sisters one 22 and one 34 still suck their thumbs to this day. Me on the other hand was a paci baby. Not everyone is the same but my sister have me traumatized. Every time i see him with his thumb in his mouth I freak lol
    Romez86

Answer by Romez86 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• that is exactly what i dont want him to do . my uncle is 33 and still sucks his thumb
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Pacifiers were invented to replace the breast for bottle fed babies. They are not a requirement.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my ds never took one :)
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 12:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2011