My 2 month old son cries while he eats.....DR said its nothin....but he looks like he is in pain...help!!

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 1:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When he eats? Are you bottle feeding him or breast feeding him?
    JellyfishEgg

Answer by JellyfishEgg at 2:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Check the nipple if you are bottle feeding. It could be too hard or not a good fit. Might be rubbing the top of mouth. Check the milk too. Could be making gas. I don't have an answer for breastfeeding that is painful for the baby. I would continue to monitor that.
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 2:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• He might have really bad acid reflux.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• He could be getting a tooth my youngest son did that when he would get a tooth. My daughter started getting her first tooth at 2 months the dr told me that it wasn't but sure enough it popped out 2 weeks after her checkup. If you are bottle feeding check the nipple to make sure the opening isn't plugged somehow. If you are nursing it might help to massage your breast for a little while and express some milk before trying to nurse. He could just be having trouble getting the flow started with nursing. I had a lactation consultant show me how to brush my nipple lightly on my daughters nose to get her to open her mouth really wide so I could get most of my areola into her mouth. She nursed much better after I started doing that with her.
    tyandlukesmom

Answer by tyandlukesmom at 4:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• nipple might b to slow my daughter did that evertime it was to slow try a medium flow nipple
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2011