Is this natural?? adult content

My 2 yr old would be touching herself when she would be in the tub, sometimes thru the diaper ect......Is this a normal thing? I was molested when I was real young, so this is kinda making me nervous, I really don't think my DH is doing anything, but my past record leaves me a bit skittish. Thank you

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is perfectly natural to explore her body. That's why god made her arms that long.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Totally natural. Girls AND boys do it, especially at that age. It's part of them learning about themselves. No worries, momma - I'm sure your guy would never do anything like that. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yep, its natural. i used to tell my little ones "your the only ones allowed to touch your business" as i bathed them and had them wash their privates. lays the ground work for them to know some areas are theirs only.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 7:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• this may ease your mind.. it's very natural for them to do!
    http://www.drgreene.com/qa/masturbation-young-children
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• All of my kids at that age have done it, boy and girls!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It's natural for them to explore their bodies with their hands. And it does feel good.
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 2:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It's okay Mama. It's a perfectly normal part of development. They're just exploring something "new".
    Caitlin2407

Answer by Caitlin2407 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Thank you VERY much!!! I feel alot better about that!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• All my kids did it. My youngest won't keep his hands off his except for when his diapers on. In the tub it's a play toy. I get tickled at him. So easy mama. Alls well with your dd.
    amy197

Answer by amy197 at 2:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Like these guys said, totally normal. In the tub is when she has access, and it's more about curiosity than anything. Plus, it feels good. Just teach her that it's something to do in private, ALONE, and to tell you if anyone else touches her there (of course, if she's still in diapers, that one can be tough). I can understand your fears, though. There's a lot of molestation that's happened in my family, and I can be super paranoid!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2011