I saw this post about a good vacation spot......

What do u think of this? This is in Destin Fl over looking the Destin Bridge.

The Gulf of Mexico in Destin. I lived here for about 5 or so yrs.  I look at pics like this and wonder what the hell was I thinking moving to Michigan. Then Florida summer's come around then I remember why. It humid as all out!! Not to mention those damn bugs that are big enough to pick u up and fly away.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We were there in Aug. of last year...it was pretty but the oil was there then...I would love to go back when it is not oily. The water colors were unbelieveable.
    Donnaleapinky

Answer by Donnaleapinky at 10:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Considering I hate the beach, I would probably prefer Michigan. LOL!! I am in FL and I agree the palmetto bugs are ridiculous as are the mosquitoes!! I miss cold weather!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yeah, the bugs in FL are no good. I'm a CA girl, so I may be biased, but I love it here! I'm a beach girl. I lived in IL for a bit, on Lake Michigan, but it's just not the same.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Those pics look pretty darn good to me right now. I love the beach and would be happy just to visit :)
    HappyGirl44

Answer by HappyGirl44 at 3:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I love Florida but it does get HOT and HUMID as Hades there. I had the chance to go to Colorado and the weather there was Lovely and there was alot to do. I was in Estes Park and we went up into the Rocky Mountain National Park. Absolutely gorgeous!!!
    dez0717

Answer by dez0717 at 8:19 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I love The Gulf side of Florida. If you stay on the beach the bugs (and humidity) aren't bad at all - I think the ocean breeze keeps them away. We go to Cape San Blas every year.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• What the hell were you thinking?!?!?! I live in WI but vacation in Gulf Shores...... I would give up the snow and freezing cold winters for hot and humid any day =)
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• looks good
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011