What do you think of a fiesty 2 year old who's tantrium causes him to throw, hit, and push over things.

Can you believe when I shared this with the PCP, he diagnose this child at 2 years old bipolar.

ladynell4god

Asked by ladynell4god at 4:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would think the child has some type of problem. I know they say terrible twos but from your description it sounds a bit excessive.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Sounds pretty typical to me. It could be a matter of degree (i.e. my son would throw a couple of toys but wasn't trying to send a lamp across the room..similarly with hitting and pushing things over.). I can't imagine how a 2 yr old could possibly diagnosed as bi-polar. Toddlers are notorious tempermental and swing wildly from happy to sad. personally, I'd find a new PCP.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My 14 mo DS does this. His pediatrician says it is normal displays of frustration. He can't express himself and gets frustrated to the point that this is how he deals with it. I first tell no we don't throw things, then have him to pick up whatever he has thrown. Then I try to redirect him so that whatever is frustrating him is forgotten.
    aikenchic

Answer by aikenchic at 3:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2011