I was told when a child is always setting at your feet they feel safe and secure.

My nephew who just turned 4 always sets at my feet. When we are in the grocery store, he sets on the floor on my feet. His enviroment with his parents is indeed complicated.

ladynell4god

Asked by ladynell4god at 4:07 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I always thought is was beciase they do feel safe with you, but they are so afraid of whats "out there" that they feel the most confortable with you. have you tried sitting him in the cart so hes not as scared there?
    marinewife0311

Answer by marinewife0311 at 6:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• this is true just as them wanting to be within site of you is.
    ThankfullyProud

Answer by ThankfullyProud at 9:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I don't know if it is true, but it is a lovely thought

Answer by rkoloms at 4:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• @ marinewife0311: yes he do set in the cart. But he does this at home. He even ask my feet are they ok, because he doesn't want them to feel hurt. I was in the grocery story paying for my grocery when he just set on my feet, and the clerk told me he does this because he feels safe with you. He does it all the time, and now his lil 2 year old brother is starting to do it. It does make me feel very valued that he feels like this toward me, if this is a true statement.
    ladynell4god

Comment by ladynell4god (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2011