Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe our dreams tells and is preparing us for the future?

I use to have tornado storms, very terrifing, and I learned that when I have these dreams it means that a life storm is about to happened. It tells me of the struggles, obsticles, and hard-ships I am about to face. Ive also had good dreams too! Many thinks it's our deepest thoughts,which in many cases is true. But I also believe it tells our future somethings.

Answer Question

Asked by ladynell4god at 4:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 10 (477 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • YES i do beilive that!!!!!! i always felt dreams warn u for what about to cum wich is teeling the future!

    Answer by teamomija768 at 4:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • Some are and some aren't. The lucid dreams we have do have prophetic meaning to our own future, but other 'regular' dreams are nothing more than suppressed emotions which can be explained with psychology.

     My cousin had dreams night after night about Basic Training the spring before she went and low and behold, every one of those dreams came true when she actually got there.  When that happens, you can use that information to prepare yourself but I don't know if you can use it to change anything.


    Answer by IhartU at 8:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • I do believe dreams can be us tapping into the part of our brains that we have evolved out of using. I believe we have a memory reservoir, that we used to be able to tap into...from our ancestors to help our survival. Now that we have evolved out of the necessity of that aspect of our brain...we can only tap into it when we are at complete rest and our brain is allowed to completely open, so that we can access that part of our brain.
    I believe we have capabilities to see the future, know the past and predict what is going to happen to us. I've had it happen to me numerous times.

    Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • I think they can be but the majority of dreams are either our brains trying to work out what has went on that day or like someone else said, buried emotions. 

    I also believe that our friends and family that have died can visit us in our dreams. Why? Because we are relaxed and not fighting against natural talents that society keeps telling us are wrong. We are more open, mentally and spiritually. 


    Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • No not at all, I usually have bizarre dreams when I eat something before bed. The thoughts that come out in dreams are often our insecurities and negative thinking can often bring them to fruition through our own actions. Believe in the power of positive thinking. I do believe in hunches though or intuition.


    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:25 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • I believe dreams are our open communication with the spirit world and the universe(s). Our dreams are our subconscious messages that speak in a universal language - pictures/symbolism. Since time is an illusion, the past, present, and future is always within the dreamers grasp.


    Answer by sugahmamma at 11:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • Dreams only signify messages from the subconcious mind. 90% of the time, they don't signify something that is going to happen to you. They can be messages for our waking selves (expressions of fears we might not know we have, or things we need to strive for), precognitive visions of what is yet to happen, or cell memories from past lives. I also dream about tornadoes. I know that my feelings in these dreams tell me that I hate to be out of control of my environment, or at the mercy of another person or a natural disaster. To the point that I fear it. You need to analyze your feelings from that point in the dream. Are you frantic,trying to find your family? Trying to find safe shelter? It is fear, but only you can figure out what it might actually mean to you personally.

    Answer by witchqueen at 11:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • 95 percent of what we dream has to do with our personal journey ... the other 5 percent is prophetic. God may show you disaster things in dreams and the key is to find out of this is global or personal.

    Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • Nope.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

  • I don't believe that our dreams reveal the future to us. I think that they are a (sometimes strange) portrayal of what we're going through or dealing with in the present. They may contain our hopes/dreams/fears/apprehensions about the future; but predict it? I don't think so.

    Answer by TiffanieJohnson at 10:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.