What to do? what to do?

My husband is in the Navy Reserves since he got out in June. He has been looking for a job since he got out and he is at this time almost at the end of the hiring process to accept a position. Well the reserves have told him that he has to go to training for 6 months. I would hate for him to give up this job since its been so hard for him to find one. What do you think?

mrogers86

Asked by mrogers86 at 4:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• When they have to go to training they can't really say no can they. I think there is a law or something to protect reservists from losing a job even if they are just starting it. I would call the reserve office and ask about it they should be able to tell you. Hopefully wherever he is getting hired at knows the possibilities of this happening if he let them know he was in the reserves.
    tyandlukesmom

Answer by tyandlukesmom at 4:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• im confused, you say he "got out" of the reserves? why are they sending him for training if hes not "in"?
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 7:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• He should take the job. By law, the company that hired him is supposed to hold a job for him until he returns from training. Make sure that your DH is being honest with the company; they need to know that he's in the reserves.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I thought they had to hold his job regardless for him when he returns?
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011