How to organize excesive toys?

bike skate 10 bags of toys houses of toys. What I shoul do?

GlitteribonMom

Asked by GlitteribonMom at 6:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have all the big stuff like bikes and scooters in the shed. the toys in the house go in totes i got from wlamart. they each have 3 i belive and each is organized with that type of toy. ie books, dolls, blocks. that sort of thing. i buy then clear so they can easily see into them.
    marinewife0311

Answer by marinewife0311 at 6:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have a 3 shelf.. shelf haha a 3 shelf shelf with buckets I bought from Ikea and all the toys go in those buckets, the big things go beside the shelf, i have a net from ikea for stuffed toys, bike and scooter in a utility closet. I also weed out old and broken toys regularly
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Sort through them and make sure they are all still age appropriate. There might be some you can store elsewhere if it is baby stuff and your kids are older. Just an idea........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• plastic containers or bins from Walmart or the Dollar Store work great for sorting smaller toys. bigger toys can be kept in a specific area in a shed or basement (some larger items will fit into crates that you can buy from the same stores. crates are also great for building slots for the toy containers, making book shelves and clothing shelves, because they are portable, durable, and can be turned sideways and stacked to fit an area or to make a design, just as building blocks).
    ThankfullyProud

Answer by ThankfullyProud at 9:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Get rid of the "excessive" portion?
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:02 AM on Jan. 22, 2011