I suddenly feel very...odd?

I found an old old friend on FB today, said hey and did a friend request hoping we could catch up. While I'm there, I click on their friends list and see his siblings so I click on theirs too. And suddenly after seeing all their pics, I feel..odd.. not so old, but like its hard to accept the passage of time.

My last memory of us all together was back in Jr High and its hard to accept that obviously that memory is long since gone and everyone's had a life since then. Its just a wierd feeling. I hate seeing them look all grown up, their still 14 in my mind :)

I don't know what to call it, I just feel strange. The problem with childhood memories is that you don't know what the person has evolved into since then and sometimes you're torn between wanting to catch up and wanting to remember them the way they were (like a still photo in time). You don't want to be disappointed and have this great memory tarnished.

Aw well. Vent over :) Thanks for the ears. Anyone else ever feel that way? Its really a double-edged sword in a way.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I run into classmates and i have thought to myself wow have they aged!Only to realize I have too.It's weird,betty white said it ,you grow old but you stay the same age ,a young age in spirit ,and its very hard to understand.My mind works seems about the age i was at 38.You do not see yourself the way others do.I catch a look in the mirror sometimes and think dang what happened to you!!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yes, it can be very disorienting. Seriously, I know that feeling you're talking about. Life and time can be so strange.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I know what you mean . Someone who just hasn't been in your life for awhile reappears and its weird. I can relate majorly.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I can totally relate. I find it hard to see others age.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Oh yeah. Kids I used to baby sit are graduating college, getting married, having babies. Definitely a disconcerting feeling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2011