why does it feel like im hungry 2 hrs after i just ate a huge meal

i think its bordom eating im not sure. but late at night i always feel hungry so i snack. sometimes its just a little sometimes its alot.

marinewife0311

Asked by marinewife0311 at 7:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• if you dont produce blood sugar right that means you have hypoglicemia - and you should eat small meals every few hours. my mom had that - she didnt take care of herself and it has now progressed to diabetes.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2011

• Depending on what you're eating (sugar, carbs), it metabolizes very quickly and leaves you hungry for more (it's basically messing with your insulin levels; when you eat that kind of stuff, it causes a spike in your insulin levels but then drops just as quickly and creates those hunger pangs).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have a hard time controlling my sugar levels. i have always been borderline diabetic. my body doesnt process sugar right or something. i use to black out when i was younger and now if i go more then a few hrs without eating i get sick. and faint. if i eat candy it jumps my leavels up but instead of leveling back out my plumits.
    marinewife0311

Comment by marinewife0311 (original poster) at 7:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Make sure you're eating enough protein.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Drink a big glass of water. Sometimes your body is thirsty and the water might satisfy?
    hope this helps!
    blessings,
    bonā™„
    bonnieblue06

Answer by bonnieblue06 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Either you are dehydrated (not drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day), or you are not eating enough healthy foods:

7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables, in at least three different colors
    5-6 servings of whole grains
    1-2 servings of legumes

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i have been eting every 3-3 hours since i am prego but i have lost wt. I just eat really little meals sometime they are not the healthiest though
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 6:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• could be food intolerances- I was ALWAYS hungry because my guts were irritated by the foods I was consuming and so I was hardly absorbing anything from my food and so I was HUNGRY all of the time.. go on a food elimination diet and see if that helps. Avoiding foods is a PITA but.. I am no longer obese or have diarrhea daily or feel like total crap all of the time.. so.. 

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• sometimes when i stress out, i can't seem to fill my belly. see if it's the other things the pp's suggested, then see if it's your stress level. being bordeline diabetic, i'd get that checked out. are you sure you're not hypoglycemic (sp)?
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 10:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i eat a piece of fruit some times late at night it works for me and keeps me full till morning.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2011