Teething remedies?

I used the Hylands teething tablets with my first son. I have tried the Hylands teething gel but it doesn't seem to work as well. He hates the oragel he makes the worst faces when you give it to him but after a few mins it helps. And on the days when he is in the most pain I have given him tylenol, but are there other remedies???

dez0717

Asked by dez0717 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always just gave my son a cold wet washcloth. He used to suck on it, and chew on it. I have another boy on the way though, not sure if it will work as well as it did for my DS.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• you can let him chew on one of those teething rings or,

buy a mesh feeder and put ice or frozen food in it (depending on his age, because he will get the nutrients from the food you put inside of it) and let him chew on it. he won't choke though because the food or ice is inside the feeder and he really will just get the juices from it, but since its cold it might help numb his gums momentarily.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I just massage my DD's gums a few times a day and it seems to help
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have my secret weapon for teething. It works, it is amazing. Before I was suffering with the teething and my heart was broken for my babies. But after I found Teetha, teething is nearly nothing:) Check it out:) http://www.nelsonsnaturalworld.com/en-gb/uk/our-brands/nelsons-teetha/

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 8:41 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I always used my grandmas remedy- a q-tip of whisky on the gums. It made him feel better, and lasted longer than anything else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my dd always liked frozen veggies lol it was the onlything that workd ;)
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 12:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2011