Crockpot Recipe Needed.

I want to use the crockpot for somethink yummy for dinner, I have boneless skinless chicken breasts or a pork roast. I need something Hearty it's FREEZING outside!

dez0717

Asked by dez0717 at 8:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Place chicken, can of cream of mushroom soup (I use 2 cans because we like a lot of sauce), and extra mushrooms if you wish, in the crockpot and just let it go for as long as you need it. I usually place it on low for about 6 - 8 hours and the chicken falls apart when it is ready. I serve it over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes and also serve a salad with it.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• OMG that sounds yummy!
    dez0717

Comment by dez0717 (original poster) at 8:12 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• dry rub the pork roast with some cinnamon and brown sugar and place it in the crock pot with 1 cup apple juice and 1 cup water. Let it ride. About 1 hour before serving add 1 onion quartered and separated and about 1/2 apple per serving sliced and few carrots cut into circles. Add apple juice and water as needed to keep it moist.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Delicious Pork Roast:
    1 pkg onion soup mix
    3 lb pork roast
    1 can cranberry sauce (whole or jellied, your choice)

Sprinkle onion soup mix (dry) on bottom of crock pot. Put roast on top. Pour cranberry sauce over it. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. At end, remove the roast (keeping covered) and mix up the gravy in the pot. Take 1/2 cup out and mix into it 2 tablespoons of flour creating a slurry (no lumps). Pour slurry into the gravy and mix well. Crank the crockpot up to HIGH and stir occasionally until thickened. Delicious with mashed potatoes

FYI - I goofed the first time I made this and cooked it on HIGH for 6 hours. The whole roast fell apart in pieces when I lifted it out. It was fanTAStic as shredded pork on rolls for dinner. You can't go wrong with this recipe.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• With the pork roast, similar to 1st poster.....throw roast in crock, add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, and 1/2-1 packet of dry onion soup mix (this combo makes the BEST gravy)....let it go. Simple and yummy.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I love my crock pot!
    Chicken breasts or the pork roast. . . .
    Get the meat cooking in the crock pot and once it starts to look a bit cooked, I add a jar of chunky salsa and some garlic salt over the top. Let it cook til really really tender, then fork the meat apart. This tastes great in flour tortillas with some shredded cheese!

OR

Use either of the meats you listed and pour a bottle of bbq sauce over the top, season with Lawry's season salt and use the same procedure to make shredded port or shredded chicken bbq and serve it on buns or over mashed potatoes. If you don't have bbq sauce you can make your own with catsup and brown sugar and pepper. yummy!!

Keep warm!
    blessings,
    bonā™„
    bonnieblue06

Answer by bonnieblue06 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Pork Roast I would add 1 package of Chicken gravy mix, cut up potatoes, carrots, celery, add an onion or 1/2 season with seasoning salt & pepper.
    The chicken I would add cream of celery, mushroom or Chicken soup to it and the put it over rice, mnashed potatoes, or Egg Noodles
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• These little boxes are much too small. Send me a message if you would like some yummy, healthy recipes for your slowcooker

Answer by rkoloms at 4:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2011