Dandruff

What's the best remedy for dandruff, my hubby has it and has always shaved his head to solve the problem but he wants to grow his hair out so we need a cure that will work.

dez0717

Asked by dez0717 at 8:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Has he tried different kinds of anit-dandruff shampoos to find one that works for him? I switch off between head and shoulders and T-Gel. T-Gel works good but it smells horrible and really dries out my hair so I use conditionor after using it.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:14 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have tried many shampoos and find Selsun Blue works best for me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:24 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Head and Shoulders, Selsun Blue, T-Gel each has a different active ingredient so he may have to experiment to see what works best.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:35 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Both of my kids have it, Head and Shoulders works really well for them. (I tried the generic version once, and it didn't work as well.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My husband does what I did when the babies had cradle cap. Scrubs with a baking soda paste, rinses with vinegar, shampoos as usual. He skips the olive oil.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I think you need to define the type of dandruff your husband has. Is it dry scalp. Is it from clogged pores? Is it a medical condition. There are so many types of shampoos for the different types.
    blessings,
    bonā™„
    bonnieblue06

Answer by bonnieblue06 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Selsein blue ( I know wrong spelling0 seems to work good for me
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• selsum blue
    taliyahmommy

Answer by taliyahmommy at 5:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2011