Have You Had Knee Surgery?

I fell a week ago, found out yesterday that I have a piece of bone in my knee; I have an MRI today, then a meeting with my doc on Monday. He wants to do surgery Tue. or Wed. He can't tell me what to expect from the surgery until he finds out where the bone came from.

Just a little nervous, and wondering what this will be like. I'm moving 500 miles in 9 days.

Scuba

Asked by Scuba at 8:39 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Health

• i've had arthroscopic knee surgery (byw laproscopic is through the abdomen lol) it wasn't that bad, but i had to be on crutches for 6 weeks then physical therapy just to get the motion back here is a link with more information, i hope it helps

http://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/Fi-La/Knee-Arthroscopic-Surgery.html

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i had orthoscopic knee surgery and i will be honest id rather give birth again than go through that again... my knee caps dont sit right in my joints which caused pain and they had to pop in back in place ... recovery takes minimum 6 weeks
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Hopefully he's doing it laparoscopically (lasers- smaller incisions) Sounds painful tho. I only tore cartilage in my knee- so good luck. And plan on getting some help for that move. You'll need it!

fingers crossed

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:56 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• btw not byw lol my bad
    josiesmommy00

• the 1st week is the hardest, after that you just kinda get used to it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• op, just because zperez had a bad experience dosen't mean you will too, she probally just had a horrible surgeon, do your research on your doctor before you ok the surgery
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• that sucks...yeah you'll be okay to ride just not drive....i hope it goes well for you :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Josiesmommy - thank you. I was worried it was going to be a long recovery. Crap.
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My surgeon is wonderful - he did wrist surgery on me a few years ago, I trust him completely. (He's also set broken bones for myself and my DS13). Thank you so much Josiesmommy. I just can't believe the timing of this - the moving truck comes on the 31st. It sounds like I will be ok to make the drive (as a rider), but I'm not going to be any help packing/unpacking. I have 2 friends that were planning on coming to the new house with us to help out, I'm glad they will be there.
    Scuba

Comment by Scuba (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2011